ViewPoint Cornwall is CFF new community media project over the next 11 months around 4 areas of Falmouth / Penryn, Redruth, Penzance and St.Austell. We will be working with most disadvantaged and hard to reach groups to give a voice to communities, to create as a mix of smartly-entertaining pieces and passionately-authored documentaries, across three key strands.
Make Together, looking at arts, crafts, hobbies and fandoms
Better Together, all about being active, eating well and taking care of mind and body
Get Together, finding joy in communal activity and shared identities, be it local heritage or communities formed by locality, interest, diaspora or ethnicity, sexuality or ability.
Our aim is to create vibrant and cohesive local community, providing access to make, express and communicate through the media.
Our objectives are
- Build local communities who individually and as a group can participate as producers as well as consumers of media content.
- Increase understanding of local issues, local identity and diversity.
- Creating more pathways for creative expression, and greater participation in a healthy public realm.
- Developing opportunities for individuals and groups to acquire the skills and access to participate in media, we are supporting the growth of healthy communities.
- Building social and digital inclusion by providing opportunities for skill development, as well as access to platforms, facilities, resources and support.
- Provides a platform for creative expression and media literacy, develops inter-cultural and inter-generational dialogue.
- Support social and digital inclusion as well as providing many volunteering opportunities.
This project has been generously supported by the National Lottery Community Fund