Cornwall Film Festival Environmental policy statement
The Cornwall Film Festival is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. The organisation accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- The Cornwall Film Festival will meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the organisation.
- The organisation will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the organisations performance.
- To adopt and aim to apply the principles of ‘sustainability’ – that is, working in a way, which meets the needs of the present, without compromising the abilities of future generations to meet their own needs.
- To minimise the use of all materials, supplies, and energy, and, wherever possible, to use renewable or recyclable materials and components.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- To use low carbon transport options, when available and use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.