Film and Light in Redruth
Cornwall Film Festival is delighted to work in partnership with the artist film collective Cinestar. Cinestar’s new home at Back Lane West, Redruth connects to the history of cinema in Cornwall; their former residence, Druid’s Hall showed early panoramas and cinematic curiosities, later becoming Redruth’s first cinema in 1910. Now next door at Murdoch House, William Murdoch experimented with coal-fired gaslight and innovations which led to the aniline dyes still used for tinting analogue film today. The screenings and young peoples’ heritage projects revolving around early cinema, the history of film and light-making technologies are inspired by this new location.